Networks connect devices and transport data over these connections. On one hand, the data that is required to establish, maintain and terminate the connection (control plane) and, on the other hand, the user data (data plane). The control plane can also be classified as a network between devices.
There are different types of networks:
- Networks between local computers
- Networks between remote computers
- Networks between computers and online services
- Networks between computers and sites (remote access),
- networks between two or more sites